Give these a try to add variety to your healthy menus. These are crispy with a big yum!!!
- 2 Large potatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- no salt and pepper
- grape seed oil
- Peel and grate potatoes. Drain out off of the water and starch by pressing down hard with a paper towel. You may need to change the paper towel and do this several times.
- Peel zucchini and grate.
- Combine grated potatoes and zucchini.
- Mix egg and breadcrumbs into the potato mixture and finish off with a dash of no salt and pepper.
- Heat grape seed oil in a large skillet.
- Drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil and press down gently to form pancakes.
- Continue to cook over medium – high heat for 5-10 minutes until crispy on both sides. (The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the pancake.)
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place drained pancake on cookie sheet and place in oven at 200 degrees until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve with ½ cup low fat yogurt garnished with 1 tbsp slivered almonds